While some people believe that Search Engine Optimization is on the way out, the fact is that it’s very much alive and kicking…and very much a necessity for your business. If you are one of the naysayers, here are some up-to-date stats to prove that SEO is anything but down and out:
- 93% of online experiences start with a search engine.
- Google currently accounts for 80.5% of overall search engine market share.
- 81% of individuals perform some kind of online research before making any large purchase.
- 57% of all B2B marketers said that SEO generates far more leads than any other type of marketing strategy
- 47% of consumers will check out at least three to five pieces of content posted by a company before having any sales discussions with their representatives.
- 72% of online marketers say that content creation is their most effective and impactful SEO tactic.
- 75% of people will never scroll beyond the first page of search engine results.
- On Google, the average first-page result is made up of 1,890 words.
- 61% of internet users conduct research on products & services online before making any purchase decision.
- 70-80% of individuals ignore all types of paid search results, and prefer to click only on organic listings.
- Leads that come from search engines have a close rate of 14.6%. In comparison, outbound leads have a close rate of 1.7%.
- Bounce rates rise by 50% if your site takes more than 5 seconds to load.
- Conversions drop by 12% for every each second that it takes your site to load.
- Currently, voice search accounts for 10% of all searches.
Local SEO Stats For 2018
- 61% of all mobile searchers are far more likely to contact local businesses if their site is mobile-friendly.
- 72% of consumers that perform local searches visit stores located within 5 miles of where they currently are.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps. Click to Tweet this!
- 88% of all consumers trust what’s stated on online reviews as much as they believe in personal recommendations.
- 18% of location-based searches on mobile result in a sale in just within one day.
- 78% of all location-based mobile searches also result in a brick-and-mortar store purchase.
Search Engine Optimization is vital for business success. Having a solid digital marketing strategy with a focus on SEO is necessary to compete in today’s market. Regardless of the scale of your business or the industry you operate in, it’s extremely important that you concentrate on ramping up your site’s SEO in 2019.
If you are looking into a digital marketing strategy, make sure you work with a credible and well-established company with a good track record of providing tangible results. They should customize their services to accommodate your business needs.
If you’d like to learn more about our services or want to get started with your own digital marketing strategy, give us a call at 888-356-0380 or use our online form and we’ll be in touch shortly. Want to see if your SEO strategy is up to snuff? Get in touch and we’ll be happy to provide you with a website audit.