Voice search has evolved significantly over the years. What was once believed to be a far-fetched sci-fi concept is used widely today. In fact, many online users are now veering towards voice search when looking for information, products or services on the internet.
Things to Focus On
After all, it’s convenient and quick and you can get the results you are looking for without having to actually type out anything on your smartphone or desktop PC. Little surprise then that the voice search customer base is growing by leaps and bounds with every passing day. If you are a business wanting to benefit from the advantages of voice search you need to optimize for it; here’s how you do it:
- Page speed is an important aspect of voice search optimization. On average, voice search results pages load in just 4.6 seconds which is 52% faster than average pages.
- HTTPS secured sites dominate voice search results on Google. In fact, 70.4% of Home result pages on Google are all secured with HTTPS.
- Google prefers that the answers to voice search queries be concise and precise. Typical voice search results are just 29 words in length.
- High-authority domains often produce more voice search results than non-authoritative domains.
- Content that has higher levels of social engagement are known to perform better in voice search.
- Easy-to-read, simple content may work better for voice searches. Average Google voice search results are all written at a 9th-grade level.
- Very few voice search results have exact queries in their title tags. This is why creating a separate page for every query on voice search doesn’t seem to be a very effective SEO strategy.
- Google generally sources answers for voice searches from long-form content. This is because the average word count of voice search results pages is 2,312 words.
- Content that has a higher ranking on desktop search is more likely to show up as a voice search. As a matter of fact, about 75% of all voice search results show up in the top 3 rankings for that query.
- Appearing in Featured Snippets might just help you rank higher in voice search. This is because 40.7% of all answers for voice searches come from Featured Snippets.
Focusing on these points while optimizing for voice search will help ensure that users are able to locate your business easily on the internet. For the best social networking services call Your Social Strategy today. You can contact us through our online form and we’ll reply within the next business day.