SEO is the process of improving a website’s visibility on organic (un-paid) SERPs (search engine result pages). This particular goal is accomplished by building a search engine-friendly website structure, optimized link landscape and internal navigation, and content optimization. Search Engine Optimization is an art and a science, but it is also the discipline of ensuring that the relevant and user-friendly content is easy for search engines to understand as well.
What’s involved in SEO?
SEO involves a number of different aspects such as:
- Quality of the traffic to your site– You may be able to attract a large number of visitors. But if they’re visiting your website because Google tells them that you are a business that provides project management services when you actually offer content management solutions, that can’t be categorized as quality In order to increase sales and profitability, you need to attract visitors that are seriously considering buying your products or hiring your services.
- The quantity of traffic you receive– Once you have qualified traffic clicking through from the SERPs, it’s also great to have more visitors.
- Organic (free) results– Advertisements make up a major portion of most Search Engine Results Pages but organic traffic is the traffic that you haven’t paid anything for.
Ensuring your site is SEO-friendly
Once you are ready to embark upon your SEO journey, it’s time to start applying all these techniques to your website, whether you are building a new one or improving an existing one. Some of the things you can do to optimize your site include:
- Optimize content- Your site needs to have relevant and interesting content, but the copy needs to be SEO-friendly. This means it needs to have keywords that are relevant to your industry, incorporated into This markup will help search engines understand exactly what your content is about.
- Include user-friendly URLs– Even if your site’s URL structure isn’t your top priority, it is still vital. Simplify all the URLs so there are unique ones for every page. Don’t neglect any of the minor details.
- Avoid duplication of content– Duplicate content leads to SEO problems that will impact your rankings. Always check all your content for duplicate content as well as for near duplicates in order to maintain healthy SEO.
- Create a detailed XML sitemap- This sitemap will help search engines understand what your site’s structure is when they’re crawling it. When you continue passing more content to Google, you will be able to identify which pages are of most valuable to you and those are the ones you should prioritize.
- Cross-platform compatibility– All of your content and website need to be optimized for various devices that people could use, ensuring a seamless browsing experience. There are a number of tools you can use to assess the mobile-friendliness of your website, and you can make changes accordingly.
SEO when properly implemented can be sustainable and profitable. The one way to build a strong SEO strategy is to hire expert professionals for the job. For the best search engine optimization services call Your Social Strategy today. You can contact us through our online form and we’ll reply within the next business day.